Behind Episode 110: Lunar Healing
When it comes to moon rituals there is no limit to the possibilities, but these are a few that have worked for me.
The full moon rituals for beginners utilize the natural rhythms of the lunar cycle. As we’ve seen, the cyclical changes within our bodies reflect those in nature. But when should you expect to see results?
When you undertake healing, Daoist medicine tells us that it takes at least three months of consistent practices for changes in your essence to become subtly noticeable. This is the deepest level, affecting your temperament and genetic code—essentially anything that has been passed along by your parents.
The second level of healing takes place in the blood, which governs your mental and emotional states. Changes here can include healing afflictions such as anxiety, depression, PMS, and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). They begin to become apparent after at least one month.
The final level of healing takes place at the surface. Here, you may see mood changes, such as a lessening in irritability, in as little as one to three days.
Give these new and full moon rituals a try for a month and see how they how they impact your life.
To give you a little inspiration, consider the following:
- Light a candle or some incense to activate your senses and bring you into the meditative state. This will make it easier to access to specific energies of nature that are present at that time.
- Create an altar in your home or outdoors in nature using objects that represent seasonal changes. You may even include things that represent your connection with your ancestors.
- Use recommended essential oils in your bath, or place them on a cotton ball or cloth and inhale the scent throughout the day. You can also apply them to acupressure points that represent the healing energies of that cycle. Visit the blends in our website to see illustrations of acupressure points and the healing properties of each one.
How to Manifest With the Moon
Manifesting with the moon is gaining steam as people yearn for ways to connect with themselves on a deeper level. The routine of moon cycles and moon rituals helps deal with life when life feels out of control, she tells me.
- Setting intentions or manifesting helps to call in different situations, circumstances, or goals into your life. They can be used to find personal empowerment or finding time to commit to a meditation or journaling practice.
- The new moon is associated with beginnings, starting projects, and defining what you want to attract, so this is a good day to set intentions. The full moon, on the other hand, celebrates what you’ve manifested and completed—a time for reflection.
- A good way to start is to dust off your journal and write a list of what you want to bring into your life. Turned it into a ceremony of sorts by lighting a candle, having a corresponding crystal or herbs on hand, and just taking the time to think about what I wanted. Every modern mystic/witch/spiritual gangster/astrology buff has a moon app on their phone, which lets you know what stage of the cycle the moon is in.
New Moon Ritual Bath
There’s something incredibly soothing about having a moon-themed ritual bath. A bath on the night of the new moon acts as a first course for the rest of my moon practices. You can begin by dimming the lights, burning your favorite candles, and running a bath. Think about the intentions you’d like to set for this ritual. If you’re focused on your finances and bringing in more money, tailor the ingredients you drop into the water for this. So you can add in a money-boosting crystal-like citrine followed by an abundance-boosting essential oil blend of bergamot, cinnamon, and patchouli. To help alleviate anxiety and for deep relaxation, you can use neroli, marjoram, and clary sage essential oils with black tourmaline, lepidolite, and blue lace agate crystals. A great self-love/romantic love recipe includes heart chakra–balancing essential oils of rose otto, ylang-ylang, and patchouli with a big chunk of rose quartz. If you’re about to delve into some magical work and want to boost your intuition or psychic prowess, combine frankincense, sandalwood, and myrrh oils with amethyst and labradorite crystals. Do this one before meditating, casting spells, or working with tarot cards. You can add some dried flowers for the last touches, such as lavender and hibiscus, followed by a glug of whole-fat milk for added skin-smoothing benefits. Finish up by clearing any negative energies by smudging yourself and the bathroom with the smoke of palo santo or sage before stepping into the bath. Then all you have to do is unplug and relax.
CaHerbanLife.com is a trusted partner offering a variety of natural, organic, and homeopathic products including essential oils and accessories. I order all my essential oils from CaHerbanlife.com and so can you with a 10% off discount. Use our affiliate link to order and save today.
Meditation of the Moon
Honor your emotions by doing a mini-meditation just before bed during the waning phase, as the moon transitions from full to new. Find a quiet space where you can sit or lie down and start focusing on your breath, and pay attention to the rising and falling of your abdomen as you inhale and exhale. Visualize all the finer details of the moon—how bright it is, the craters, its position in the sky—and feel its calming energy wash over your body and release any tension.
The moon phases offer us such beautiful, gentle ways to be in flow with our own energy and the collective energy of the universe. If you’ve wondered why your energy levels seem to ebb and flow for no reason, then you might be really impacted by the moon phases and I would encourage you to explore working with them! Start just by becoming mindful of what phase the moon is in each morning and pay attention over time to your moods, energy, and sleep patterns during each phase.